Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
Cairn plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned with a highly attractive landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area, having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015 with a current market cap of €900M. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of 12,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Senior Quantity Surveyor, to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services under the direction of the Managing Quantity Surveyor undertaking pre-contract duties. This role is diverse and will include interpreting information from live and completed projects along with the measurement of planned works to help robustly project construction costs for upcoming and prospective projects. It will also involve contributing to the decision making process driving key project decisions at various stages through acquisition and design development.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Preparing and updating Cost Plans throughout design development to include liaison with design teams and delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
- Taking off Quantities from drawings to create Bills of Quantities for upcoming developments, interpreting those BoQ’s to provide site teams with working documents and budgets.
- Interrogation of monthly Cost Reports and Tender Recommendations.
- Interpretation of live Cost Reports to capture data for incorporation into future Cost Plans. Development / maintenance of a databank of Cairn construction costs to assist the ongoing Cost Estimation and Financial Appraisal process.
- To attend meetings and undertake site visits.
- Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- 7-10 yrs Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Contractors office.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.