Junior Quantity Surveyor (Site Based)
POSTED ON 19th April 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper. Cairn owns a c. 15,100 unit land bank across 32 residential development sites, 90% of which are located in the GDA with excellent public transport and infrastructure links. Cairn is today building on 13 sites in the GDA, which will deliver over 4,750 new homes.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Quantity Surveyor, to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services for post-contract duties on a fast moving large residential development under construction. This role reports to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, and is site based. We require a motivated team player who is keen to learn, has a commercial acumen, and enjoys contributing to the successful delivery of projects.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Assisting the Senior QS to manage subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties.
- Experience of RC frame / apartment and residential building / commercial projects ideal, but not essential
- Assisting the Senior QS to assist with the preparation of monthly internal valuations and monthly cost reports
- Reporting on budgets and variations.
- Maintaining subcontractor and supplier contractual details
Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- 3-5 yrs Post-Graduate experience with a PQS or Contractor.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency using Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com