Accounts Payable Manager (12-month fixed term contract)
POSTED ON 16th August 2019
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 15,100 units across 32 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites which will deliver over 5,250 new homes with a further 4 site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Accounts Payable Manager, reporting to the Group Financial Controller. This role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious person who is looking for both a challenge within the finance support sector and an opportunity to develop their skills and career prospect within a rapidly growing business.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
- Coordinate the operations and workloads of the AP function while managing and supporting the AP team.
- Responsible for full AP cycle: invoice entry, data processing, approval routing and payments and upload to the banking online system.
- Assist with month-end AP Ledger close on accounting system and preparation of month-end AP reports, analysis and other ad hoc reports as required.
- Cash flow management acting as the key point of contact for the finance team.
- Review vendor account reconciliations and to actively resolve vendor account issues.
- Review payment files.
- Assist accountants with calculating accruals.
- Managing and ensuring relevant controls are in place to identify and investigate issues as they arise;
- Developing and maintaining KPI’s and establishing a culture in the team of continuous process improvement;
- Playing a key role in a new system implementation and any other project work that arises
- Manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all vendor and staff queries are handled professionally, timely, and in line with company policies and procedures.
- Manage Queries from Auditors.
- 5+ years working in finance with 2+ years working in an AP Manager position.
- Previous experience of people management, building relationships and interacting with all levels within the organisation;
- System implementation experience a bonus but not required.
- Previous sector experience an advantage, but not required.
- Strong Excel skills with Microsoft Dynamics (Nav) experience a bonus
- Highly motivated and deadline driven with the ability to work in a fast – paced environment and identify/escalate any issues to Group Financial Controller.
- A detail oriented, effective coach and mentor with the ability to ‘think outside of the box’.
- A team player, good at working with people at all levels with excellent verbal and communication skills and focus on customer service.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.