POSTED ON 21st October 2019
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 15,100 units across 32 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites which will deliver over 5,250 new homes with a further 4 site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Architect Technician. The purpose of this role is to oversee the design of our new homes to ensure the highest standards in contemporary living space design, delivering best-in-class designs in line with customer expectations. Reporting to the Head of Design, the successful candidate will champion and execute the Cairn architectural designs across the full portfolio of Group projects.
- Provide oversight to our external design consultants from project construction and handover
- Manage design teams to achieve accurate and coordinated design post planning process to enable accurate procurement by site teams.
- Review and provide commentary to construction detailing from design team
- Assist the product selection process to ensure informed decision making in the selection of kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom fittings for new homes
- Contribute to the Value Engineering process with the Construction Operations team to ensure buildable, value-add design solutions are achieved in line with project commercial parameters
- Interface with the Construction Teams to ensure the smooth implementation of the design vision and delivery of detailed design packages in line with construction programme timelines
- Implement in-house design guidelines for new home schemes
- Review and interrogate sales information from external consultants to ensure accuracy.
The candidate – key requirements;
- Qualified Architect Technician with 5+ years’ post qualification experience in residential architecture / internal architecture / interior design
- A passion for good design and strong appreciation of residential building form and aesthetic
- Experience in residential interior design and architecture, with a deep interest in modern living standards and spatial design
- Creative mind, interest in innovation and researching evolving consumer trends
- Commercially astute with an ability to make value-add contributions through the design development process
- In-depth knowledge and appreciation of the budget and programme parameters underpinning the construction delivery process
- Ability to work with a wide array of project stakeholders both internal and external, in a fast-paced project delivery environment with an ability to influence the decision-making process
- Proficient in CAD and sketch design
- Experience with a residential design / build developer an advantage, although not essential
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org