Assistant Construction Programmer (Housing)
POSTED ON 23rd May 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper. Cairn owns a c. 15,100 unit land bank across 32 residential development sites, 90% of which are located in the GDA with excellent public transport and infrastructure links. Cairn is today building on 13 sites in the GDA, which will deliver over 4,750 new homes.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Assistant Construction Programmer who will assist the Construction Programmer in managing the Project Programming / Scheduling process for a portfolio of residential development projects across the full project life-cycle. The role will entail proactive management of the project scheduling function within the Group along with analysis of project work-streams and construction site operations, with the objective of improved productivity and interface management across the trade’s contracts.
- Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Assist in managing the Project Programming / Scheduling process across a portfolio of residential development projects throughout all stages of the project from Initiation, Planning, Tender, to Construction and Handover
- Liaise with the project delivery teams during the planning and construction stages to develop robust working programmes
- Maintain a project “dashboard” system for the monitoring of planning stage workstreams and construction contract package performance against baseline
- Maintain the master programme across the projects portfolio to assist annual business planning and longer term strategic planning within the Group
- Assist with the analysis of project workstreams and construction site operations for improved productivity and interface management
- Maintain a Progress Reporting System for submission of periodic Programme reports to Senior Management, with a strong emphasis on Critical Path and key milestone identification.
- Degree / Higher Diploma level qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline
- 3+ years’ post qualification experience
- Knowledge of property (residential) development planning and building systems across both low and high density projects
- Expert level competency in Project Controls Software tools including Microsoft Project / Primavera / Excel.
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
To join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes, email your CV to email@example.com.