Building Services Engineer - Graduate
POSTED ON 12th August 2020
Building Services Engineer (Graduate)
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017. Our objective is to be the leading Irish homebuilder by building and creating places and homes where people love to live.
Cairn has a clearly defined operating model which brings together our enabling and delivery functions based on efficient, mature and collaborative processes which are aligned to our people, structures and governance framework. We are also committed to developing our strong culture as a source of competitive advantage and providing a challenging and rewarding working environment for our team.
At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,000 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 16 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 6,750 new homes with a number of new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Graduate Building Services Engineer. Reporting to the Building Services Engineer, you will assist in the Management of the Mechanical and Electrical services design and installation on our high density residential projects.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Support in the continuous management and monitoring of the installation quality for M&E systems on residential projects, from initial coordination to final commissioning and handover
- Support the site construction management teams in the coordination of on-site M&E installations and assist with onsite problem solving if and when issues arise
- Assist in the coordination with project design teams as required for M&E system interfaces with architectural and structural elements
- Provide support in the oversight of M&E sub-contractors onsite, ensuring programme and quality expectations are achieved
- Assist the Building Services Engineer when required with Public Utility providers, local authorities and design teams to ensure timely delivery of electricity, public lighting, gas, water and telecommunications services to new developments.
- Provide input in anticipating the requirement for modification of existing site services and expedite mains service diversions in conjunction with the Utility Providers
- Assist in the management of the Temporary Electric/ water systems
The candidate – key requirements
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required;
- Interest in energy management and emerging trends in residential building services design and construction;
- An ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced environment where relationships, organisation, and a high attention to detail is required;
- The ability to work independently using their own initiative in an organised manner but also be a strong team player;
- Strong relationship builder and communicator;
- Focus on deadlines and commitment to programme delivery;
- Willingness to travel between sites.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.