Building Services Engineer
POSTED ON 28th January 2020
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Building Services Engineer. Reporting to the Building Services Manager, you will assist in the Management of the Mechanical and Electrical services design and installation on our high density residential projects.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Continuous management and monitoring of the installation quality for M&E systems on residential projects, from initial coordination to final commissioning and handover
- Support the site construction management teams in the coordination of on-site M&E installations and assist with onsite problem solving if and when issues arise
- Coordinate with project design teams as required for M&E system interfaces with architectural and structural elements
- Oversight of M&E sub-contractors onsite, ensuring programme and quality expectations are achieved
- Liaise with Public Utility providers, local authorities and design teams to ensure timely delivery of electricity, public lighting, gas, water and telecommunications services to new developments acting as a point of contact for the respective sites
- Anticipate the requirement for modification of existing site services and expedite mains service diversions in conjunction with the Utility Providers
- Supplement the company’s innovation and value engineering processes in consideration and implementation of best-in-class mechanical / electrical systems and products.
- Management of the Temporary Electric/ water systems
The candidate – key requirements
- Further education in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services
- 4+ years post qualification experience in similar management role
- Interest in energy management and emerging trends in residential building services design and construction
- Team player, organised, self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Trade background an advantage but not essential
- Focus on deadlines and commitment to programme delivery
- Willingness to travel between sites and a full driving licence.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.