Building Services Engineer
POSTED ON 13th June 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper. Cairn owns a c. 15,100 unit land bank across 32 residential development sites, 90% of which are located in the GDA with excellent public transport and infrastructure links. Cairn is today building on 13 sites in the GDA, which will deliver over 4,750 new homes.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Building Services Engineer. Reporting to the Building Services Manager, you will assist in the Management of the Mechanical and Electrical services design and installation on our high density residential projects.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Continuous management and monitoring of the installation quality for M&E systems on residential projects, from initial coordination to final commissioning and handover
- Support the site construction management teams in the coordination of on-site M&E installations and assist with onsite problem solving if and when issues arise
- Coordinate with project design teams as required for M&E system interfaces with architectural and structural elements
- Oversight of M&E sub-contractors onsite, ensuring programme and quality expectations are achieved
- Liaise with Public Utility providers, local authorities and design teams to ensure timely delivery of electricity, public lighting, gas, water and telecommunications services to new developments acting as a point of contact for the respective sites
- Anticipate the requirement for modification of existing site services and expedite mains service diversions in conjunction with the Utility Providers
- Supplement the company’s innovation and value engineering processes in consideration and implementation of best-in-class mechanical / electrical systems and products.
- Management of the Temporary Electric/ water systems
The candidate – key requirements
- Further education in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services
- 4+ years post qualification experience in similar management role
- Interest in energy management and emerging trends in residential building services design and construction
- Team player, organised, self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Trade background an advantage but not essential
- Focus on deadlines and commitment to programme delivery
- Willingness to travel between sites and a full driving licence.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.