Commercial Development Coordinator
POSTED ON 24th February 2021
Commercial Development Coordinator
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is committed to building high-quality, competitively priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017. Our objective is to be the leading Irish homebuilder by building and creating places and homes where people love to live.
Cairn has a clearly defined operating model which brings together our enabling and delivery functions based on efficient, mature and collaborative processes which are aligned to our people, structures and governance framework. We are also committed to developing our strong culture as a source of competitive advantage and providing a challenging and rewarding working environment for our team.
At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,000 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 16 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 6,750 new homes with a number of new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn has a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic property professional in a broad ranging and busy role. The Commercial Development Coordinator is a newly established position that will report to the Head of Land & Commercial Development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to directly support Cairn’s land & commercial asset portfolio, in order to maximise revenue potential and ensure seamless delivery of utility provider agreements. Critical to the role is the ability to partner with key stakeholders and third parties to deliver successful outcomes
- Manage land & commercial asset inventory reporting
- Maintain accurate record of status of land assets
- Develop & maintain land asset dashboard
- Effective cross functional collaboration across all departments both internal and external.
- Compile research, interrogate data and present recommendations on future acquisitions
- Progress non-core assets portfolio
- Develop high level land valuations and site feasibility appraisals
- Partner with external Commercial Agency to establish recommendations
- Coordinate monthly reviews across all site locations with utility providers and forecast any bottlenecks
- Proactive management of utility delivery agreements
- Report monthly across all assets / projects on utility provider progress vs. delivery agreement
- Continuous liaising with third parties to successful outcome
- Collaborate with Cairn Engineers and Provider Engineers to secure timely delivery of services
- Identify boundary, way-leaves and easement issues across Cairn’s land and commercial portfolio
- Ad hoc projects as required which may include undertaking site visits as required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in real estate with a Property Economics, Property Development, Commercial Agency, or Estate Management background
- Skilled in MS Suite with good spoken and written communication skills
- Commercial valuation experience is a distinct advantage
- Strong problem solving and attention to detail-orientation
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- The ability to work independently using their own initiative in an organised manner
- Ability to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- Ability to attend sites as required
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.