Commercial Finance Analyst
POSTED ON 28th January 2020
Commercial Finance Analyst
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Following a period of significant growth, the opportunity has arisen for an analyst to join the Commercial Finance team providing critical commercial support to both the Finance team and to key individuals across the wider Business. The role will have particular emphasis on sales reporting analysis along with monitoring of project performance across our live construction sites.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Detailed revenue analysis using CRM (Salesforce) tool with a focus on quality control to ensure that CRM reports revenue accurately across all sites.
- Liaise with Quantity Surveyors on live-site construction projects to ensure all costs incurred are being reported accurately on a monthly basis on NAV. Posting of journals/accruals where required.
- Preparation of monthly live-site project appraisal review for review by Finance Business Partner.
- Business partnering with Sales & Marketing and Planning teams to provide monthly spend analysis, assist with queries and forecast spend across projects.
- Assist in developing and maintaining KPI reporting for use by senior management in key decision- making across the Business.
- Monitoring of Social & Affordable Housing obligation (Part V) and assessment of financial impact across all developments.
- Continuous process improvement with regard to GL maintenance, sales tool optimization, cost monitoring etc.
- Working with Investor Relations team to provide detailed analysis as required. Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- Recently qualified accountant (Big 4/Top 10 preferred).
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (Salesforce a bonus).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills. While the business is growing rapidly, the Head office team is still relatively small and the ability to provide assistance to the business and work with people is a key pre-requisite.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.