Finance Data Analyst
POSTED ON 3rd December 2020
Finance Data Analyst
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, this role will support the delivery of the financial analytical output of the Finance Team and support data analytics for other areas of the business. Within a rapidly growing Irish headquartered plc, this role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to further develop their technical skills and assist the business in making sound commercial decisions with great exposure to Cairn’s leadership team.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Working with all functions across the business to deliver 3-year budget and forecast for Board approval, together with quarterly reforecasting of this budget
- Produce weekly and monthly report packs for the senior leadership team that give insights into financial performance and help drive business decisions
- Assist with developing financial analytics required by CEO, CFO, sales director and leadership team, notably short term and long-term forecasting and any strategic initiatives
- Assist Investor Relations function with detailed analysis of historical and forward-looking performance
In addition to the above role within the commercial finance team, the candidate will also be involved with Cairn’s CTO & team to further develop Cairn’s commercial reporting and analytic capabilities. This includes:
- Ensure that external reporting and internal handoff deadlines are met in a qualitative and productive manner, in accordance with prescribed SLA's.
- Analyse, detect, troubleshoot reporting and data analytics issues with a view to providing solutions ideally by automating the process and avoid manual intervention.
- Assist in the development of metrics and dashboards to facilitate a data driven review of company performance, particularly focussing on WIP spend and short term cashflow and productivity analysis
- Support the sales team with detailed analysis of historic and forward sales trends and other KPIs
- Qualified accountant (Big 4/Top 10 or industry qualified)
- Experience using Power BI or other similar BI tools
- Advanced user of MS Excel
- Financial modelling experience required
- Experience in Transaction Services roles is welcome
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Familiarity with basic database concepts an advantage
- Proven commercial acumen
- Enjoys working collaboratively
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.