POSTED ON 22nd March 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned to continue to expand its operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, the Group also listed on the Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017 and has a current market cap of €1.35bn. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of over 14,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth plans.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Design Manager. The purpose of this role is to oversee the design of our new homes to ensure the highest standards in contemporary living space design, delivering best-in-class designs in line with customer expectations. Reporting to the Head of Design, the successful candidate will champion and execute the Cairn architectural designs across the full portfolio of Group projects.
- Provide oversight to our external design consultants from project inception, through planning, procurement, construction, and handover
- Manage design teams to achieve accurate and coordinated design post planning process to enable accurate procurement by site teams.
- Develop project specific Design Briefs working with the internal Cairn departments to ensure project designs align with target market
- Partnering with Planning and Procurement to effectively identify, select, and design new homes centered around the home purchasers needs, expectations, and affordability.
- Lead the product selection process to ensure informed decision making in the selection of kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom fittings for new homes
- Contribute to the Value Engineering process with the Construction Operations team to ensure buildable, value-add design solutions are achieved in line with project commercial parameters
- Interface with the Construction Teams to ensure the smooth implementation of the design vision and delivery of detailed design packages in line with construction programme timelines
- Define and develop in-house design guidelines for new home schemes
The candidate – key requirements;
- Qualified Architect with 10+ years’ post qualification experience in residential architecture / internal architecture / interior design
- A passion for good design and strong appreciation of residential building form and aesthetic
- Experience in residential interior design and architecture, with a deep interest in modern living standards and spatial design
- Creative mind, interest in innovation and researching evolving consumer trends
- Commercially astute with an ability to make value-add contributions through the design development process
- In-depth knowledge and appreciation of the budget and programme parameters underpinning the construction delivery process
- Ability to work with a wide array of project stakeholders both internal and external, in a fast-paced project delivery environment with an ability to influence the decision-making process
- Proficient in CAD and sketch design
- Experience with a residential design / build developer an advantage, although not essential
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org