Development & Engagement Lead
POSTED ON 18th July 2019
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 15,100 units across 32 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites which will deliver over 5,250 new homes with a further 4 site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a Development and Engagement Lead to join our team. This is a new role, with a focus on learning & development and internal engagement and communications. The Development & Engagement Lead will be responsible for helping Cairn Homes plc execute its business strategy by (i) Aligning learning, training and development of our people and (ii) developing Engagement Strategies sand Communications plans to deliver the business priorities and culture of our within our organisation.
The Development & Engagement Lead will have a strong knowledge and understanding of learning and development tools and processes as well as an operational awareness of delivery. This role will be a central figure in engaging and communicating with all employees, as well as setting the stage for what great internal communications looks like.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Identify gaps and opportunity in our business and develop and deliver new programmes that are aligned to best practices.
- Partner with the Human Resources Team and Functions Leads to carry out a training needs analysis for teams incorporating both performance and behavioural development plans.
- Support business units and departments by designing, develop and delivering job-specific training programs.
- Train and develop staff at all levels; with specific experience of coaching managers in line management responsibilities, 1:1 coaching and providing feedback to senior members of Management.
- Manage and co-ordinate accreditation programs across various platforms within the organisation.
- Act as a role model within L&D, demonstrating knowledge, business awareness and keeping up to date with development in effective learning and training methodology.
- Manage the training budget for each business function.
- Lead development of content strategy and production that delights our employees, to amplify employee news and employee engagement.
- Identify and implement the necessary digital tools to support the creative and timely communications of key messages to relevant employees
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice
- Measure, track and report on activities, campaigns and budgets.
- Manage and influence internal partners on company-wide content such as executive presentations, newsletters, company announcements and crisis response.
The candidate – key requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Business or Human Resource Management.
- HR Generalist background desirable with a proven track record of experience in similar role.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in L&D and employee engagement roles
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills along with advanced verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience of designing and implementing an end-to-end training and development strategy.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and proven ability to multitask effectively.
- Experience of e-learning (platforms, creation and building of material)
Please email your CV to our careers account by email to firstname.lastname@example.org