Document Controller (High Density)
POSTED ON 19th April 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper. Cairn owns a c. 15,100 unit land bank across 32 residential development sites, 90% of which are located in the GDA with excellent public transport and infrastructure links. Cairn is today building on 13 sites in the GDA, which will deliver over 4,750 new homes.
Cairn plc has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Document Controller for our High Density Division to provide support to our Project Teams. The role will report to the Technical Manager and will be responsible for the administration of the Project document control system to ensure timely communication, tracking and validation of all Project design documentation.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Responsibility for administration of Project document control system (Cert Central) including liaison with system developers, and oversight of all user accounts
- Perform quality control checks on all incoming and outgoing documents to ensure completeness and maintain formatting standards
- Issue drawing packages and relevant specifications on behalf of the Project Team
- Ensure all contractors and site staff are working to the latest design information
- Submit project documentation to the Design Team for review and approval
- Prepare weekly reports on outstanding actions and documents
- Chase outstanding comments on drawings and feedback is received within the agreed timescales to prevent project delays
- File hard copies and electronic files of all approved documents
- Assist the Design/Technical Managers, as reasonably practicable
- Transmit approved documents to consultants and relevant third parties
- Act as a controller to required processes – RFI, Technical Submittals, Design Deliverables
- Excellent I.T. skills – familiarity with common data environment tools, i.e Box; CertCentral or alternative Document Management Systems; Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD experience an advantage
- Interest in improving document standards by providing comprehensive feedback to the project team and driving document management processes
- Strong communication skills; ability to engage and build relationships at all levels
- High attention to detail
- Proactive with the capability to manage own workload
- 3+ years experience as a document controller or similar project administration role
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.