POSTED ON 24th February 2021
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is committed to building high-quality, competitively priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017. Our objective is to be the leading Irish homebuilder by building and creating places and homes where people love to live.
Cairn has a clearly defined operating model which brings together our enabling and delivery functions based on efficient, mature and collaborative processes which are aligned to our people, structures and governance framework. We are also committed to developing our strong culture as a source of competitive advantage and providing a challenging and rewarding working environment for our team.
At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,000 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 16 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 6,750 new homes with a number of new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this is a key role in the Finance Department and, as such, a primary objective of the role is to support the Group Financial Controller in the development of a best in class finance function. Within a rapidly growing business, this role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional who is looking for both a challenging role in an Irish headquartered plc and an opportunity to develop their skills and career prospects.
- Assist in the supervision of the accounts payable function and the continuous improvement of the business’ payment processes
- Assist in the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with the preparation of month end journals e.g. prepayments, accruals, depreciation, revenue
- Balance sheet analysis and reconciliations
- Assist in the development and management of the fixed asset register
- Preparation of ad hoc management reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in the documentation and evaluation of all finance processes and procedures
- Assist with the implementation of key financial controls and regular monitoring of same
- Use prior knowledge of accounting systems to identify efficiencies in monthly reporting process
- Assist in the annual external audit process and collation of correct supporting documentation
- Ensure books and records are maintained using best practice in accounting standards
- Work with teams across the business to develop best practice and share synergies
- Preparation and ownership of business unit cost centre reporting.
- Work with Group Financial Controller on ad hoc projects as required.
- Recently qualified or part qualified accountant with ideally 2-3 years accounting experience across accounting, finance control and reporting
- Can do attitude with acute attention to detail coupled with a continuous process improvement mindset
- Be a change agent for finance transformation to ensure processes and systems are implemented to the highest standard and fit the needs of the organization
- Previous exposure to various accounting systems & internal control environments
- Strong excel knowledge with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Adaptable and energetic with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as under their own initiative
- Passionate commitment to learning and development
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.