POSTED ON 22nd February 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned to continue to expand its operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, the Group also listed on the Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017 and has a current market cap of €1.35bn. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of over 14,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth plans.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre General Foreman, to assist in the provision of services under the direction of the Site Manager/Project Manager. This role will involve working directly with the Site Manager and construction team to ensure that each house is finished as agreed. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Manage subcontractors and service providers
- Managing civil engineering and groundworks contractors
- Managing construction team
- Managing programme
- Take control of all works from house foundations through to 1st& 2ndfix including external finishes, paving, boundary walls and landscaping.
- Ensure completion dates are met
- Ensuring quality of works
- Managing health and safety on Site
- Continuous CPD Development
- Trade background preferable
- Background in large scale, residential construction
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.