Head of Programming
POSTED ON 24th February 2021
Head of Programming
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is committed to building high-quality, competitively priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017. Our objective is to be the leading Irish homebuilder by building and creating places and homes where people love to live.
Cairn has a clearly defined operating model which brings together our enabling and delivery functions based on efficient, mature and collaborative processes which are aligned to our people, structures and governance framework. We are also committed to developing our strong culture as a source of competitive advantage and providing a challenging and rewarding working environment for our team.
At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,000 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 16 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 6,750 new homes with a number of new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn Homes plc has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Head of Programming, reporting to the Technical Director, as part of a newly established PMO function. This role provides a significant opportunity to develop a Programming function that underpins all Cairn projects providing ‘one version of the truth’ at all stages of the asset development process from concept through to close. The Head of Programming will provide a multi-year outlook on current and future organisational programming, individual unit oversight, workload positions, and ultimately inform Cairn’s strategic decision-making through the development journey.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and drive the following duties
- Develop, manage and maintain the master program across all Cairn projects through each Gateway process.
- Partner with technical, procurement, customer, and construction teams to establish effective Programming to evaluate project (s) progress.
- Lead all programming requirements for non-lives sites from concept through to close.
- Establish and manage the Programming function, programming resources to provide organisational oversight and assurance across all Cairn developments to facilitate current and long-term planning, decisions, resource allocation and prioritisation.
- Establish the Programming function as an independent team to promote and support all Cairn projects.
- Manage Site Programmers and outsourced programming vendor to ensure accuracy, consistency and alignment.
- Maintain appropriate and timely vendor reporting rhythm for live sites to support monthly Commercial and Executive Reviews
- Proactively evaluate and interrogate vendor reports for quality and accuracy.
- Develop collaborative stakeholder relationships with internal / external teams ensuring information capture is accurate and agreed.
- Perform Program audits for accuracy and identification of incorrect data.
- Partner with internal teams and external consultants to accurately manage information capture for all non-live projects.
- Develop and maintain Master Program dashboard proactively highlighting current and future state.
- Compare, contrast Program effectiveness per project to continuously develop areas for improvement.
- Promote correct usage and benefits of Program processes and systems to create increased awareness, support and adoption.
- Create actionable insights, trends and recommendations.
- Evaluate and interrogate data to identify, spot and predict potential Program pitfalls, look ahead issues vs. business plan.
- Previous technical experience in construction programming.
- Ability to read technical specification drawings to identify accurate program sequencing.
- Ability to evaluate and manipulate data using critical and analytical thinking.
- Curious tenacity towards problem solving with a result-oriented mindset.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders internally and externally to deliver results.
- Takes accountability to challenge, question and drive toward resolution.
- Clear verbal and written communication essential.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.