Head of Quality
POSTED ON 24th February 2021
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017. Our objective is to be the leading Irish homebuilder by building and creating places and homes where people love to live.
Cairn has a clearly defined operating model which brings together our enabling and delivery functions based on efficient, mature and collaborative processes which are aligned to our people, structures and governance framework. We are also committed to developing our strong culture as a source of competitive advantage and providing a challenging and rewarding working environment for our team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,000 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 16 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 6,750 new homes with a number of new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn Homes plc has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Head of Quality, as part of a newly established PMO function. Reporting to the Technical Director, this role provides an opportunity to develop a Quality function that underpins all specifications, workmanship, systems and processes, in order to future proof Cairn Homes and be a market leader in after care for our customer.
Develop, implement Quality processes, systems, and reporting dashboard to ensure Quality is embedded across Cairn.
- Partner with construction teams to establish effective Quality processes and systems to evaluate sub-contractor workmanship,
- Develop Quality feedback processes to identify potential standard specification and site workmanship issues in a timely manner,
- Develop reporting dashboard to track all Quality issues,
- Develop a Quality audit process to identify areas for improvement and highlight areas for change,
- Compare, contrast Quality effectiveness per project to continuously develop areas for improvement,
- Promote correct usage and benefits of Quality processes, systems, specifications to create increased awareness, support and adoption.
- Establish and manage the Quality function and team across all Cairn developments.
- Establish the Quality function as an independent team to promote and support Quality as a critical hallmark for Cairn developments,
- Manage the Quality Managers who are based on-site,
- Use customer care and Quality data to inform team priorities and activity workflow.
Establish, monitor, and continuously interrogate the standard quality specifications and workmanship across Cairn developments by
- Partnering with procurement and technical teams to develop quality specification standards
- Partnering with construction teams to develop quality workmanship protocols
- Proactively evaluating and recommend changes to standard specifications, according to data analysis
Create actionable insights, trends and recommendations.
- Analysis of weekly customer care and Quality data
- Partnering with the customer care team to extract meaningful data from Salesforce CRM
- Evaluation and interrogation of data to identify and spot potential Quality issues
- Utilisation of data insights to identify and predict future Quality concerns
Proactively identify, diagnose, manage and resolve critical case issues working collaboratively across internal and external teams effectively.
- Establish critical case parameters and criteria
- Partner with customer care, construction, commercial, development and external consultant teams to conduct root cause analysis for critical case issues
- Develop actions plans and recommendations for resolution
- Able to translate and simplify technical issues concisely for non-technical teams
- Manage construction, commercial and external consultant teams with tenacity and perseverance to ensure timely resolution and delivery, while maintaining constant communication with all stakeholders on progress and completion
- Perform Quality audits for compliance and identification of issues
- Previous technical experience in building surveying/inspection/engineering of quality standards.
- Ability to read technical specification drawings and diagnose technical problems.
- Ability to evaluate and manipulate data.
- Curious tenacity towards problem-solving with a result-oriented mindset.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Takes accountability to challenge, question and drive toward resolution.
- Clear verbal and written communication essential.
To join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes, email your CV to email@example.com.