Health and Safety Officer
POSTED ON 13th June 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper. Cairn owns a c. 15,100 unit land bank across 32 residential development sites, 90% of which are located in the GDA with excellent public transport and infrastructure links. Cairn is today building on 13 sites in the GDA, which will deliver over 4,750 new homes.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Health and Safety Officer to manage Health and Safety on our residential construction sites. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of the Cairn Homes safety management system, and will report directly to the Health and Safety Manager. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Work as part of the Cairn Homes Construction management team to ensure the provision of a safe and productive work environment.
- Always seek to improve the standard of Health & Safety in a practical manner within the company management system and on specific sites.
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of Cairn Homes Health & Safety Management System.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
- Ensure clear lines of communication are maintained to the H&S Manager.
- Ensure the site folders and statutory records are being maintained on site.
- Ensure strict adherence to site rules by all contractors.
- Assist site management to comply with statutory H&S requirements.
- Assist Health & Safety Manager to develop and implement Risk assessments and improvements to the Cairn Homes Safe Systems of Work.
- Assist Site management to ensure Contractor Compliance on Cairn Homes Sites.
- Assist H&S Manager and Site management to coordinate the safe systems of work for contractors.
- Enforce site specific disciplinary procedures.
- Carry out H & S auditing on site and address non-conformances as they are identified with site management and contractors.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery.
- Identify training needs on site for Cairn personnel and the contractors.
The candidate – key requirements
- Experience in managing safety systems in construction is required, including a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) preferred
- Able to manage Health and Safety on-site using their own initiative within the scope of the management system
- Strong relationship builder and ability to leverage key relationships across the full spectrum of project stakeholders and statutory bodies
- Ability to manage risk and implement control measures
- Able to work and build strong relationships with contractors from various backgrounds and trades
- Able to chair and deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.