Investment Contract Administrator
POSTED ON 18th September 2020
Investment Contract Administrator
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017. Our objective is to be the leading Irish homebuilder by building and creating places and homes where people love to live.
Cairn has a clearly defined operating model which brings together our enabling and delivery functions based on efficient, mature and collaborative processes which are aligned to our people, structures and governance framework. We are also committed to developing our strong culture as a source of competitive advantage and providing a challenging and rewarding working environment for our team.
At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,000 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 16 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 6,750 new homes with a number of new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Investment Contract Administrator within the Technical team. The primary responsibility for this role is to ensure that we accurately draft all contracts with future delivery partners. The ideal candidate will possess a background in Contract Law and client-side project management.
Reporting to the Cairn Pre-Construction manager the Investment Contractor Administrator will:
- Review info from site or plan information to ensure most attractive and accurate info is shared. for price to be based upon. Layouts/Facade/Schedules/Spec/Delivery Programme.
- Prepare information to be shared as part of potential sale and manage on data sharing website.
- Review planning/SHD/SDZ/ conditions and cross checking any potential delivery problems.
- Respond to any potential purchaser/agent queries.
- Assist in contract delivery stage.
- Liaise with Cairn/purchaser/legal teams throughout process.
- Respond to any legal and technical due diligence queries.
- Review and assisting in title and DOI info to be shared.
- Agree process for snagging/handover/payment/phasing within contract.
- Collate designer appointments/ collateral warranties/ Carin Construction contract/ HomeBond/ ESB/ OMC maps and contracts/ Service budgets/ fire/DAC/ Commencement notices.
- Assist in managing time frame throughout this process.
Handover to site team:
- Arrange for contract to be shared with site/cairn relevant team.
- Highlight important elements to be shared e.g. delivery timeframe/notice periods/ spec items outstanding.
- Issue client change request to site team if impacts on signed off budget.
Role will also assist/liaise with the following:
- Carry out research of the Private rented sector to better inform Cairn of the optimum product for rental and operational purposes
- Review sales and construction costs inputs to site appraisals
- Assisting in portfolio review and presentation to external parties and Cairn board
- Review potential PRS opportunities for future Cairn projects
- Assist in alternative options for sale e.g. PRS, Affordable, Social and Private sales
- Review on-going site projects and understand improvements that can be included to current and future PRS projects
- Assist in the PC and closing of blocks as per PRS contract with delivery partner
- Assist in red title review of boundaries to de-risk any Cairn potential ownership issues
- Liaise with OMC in creating structure for the PRS contract
The candidate – Key Requirements;
- Relevant Degree – ideally Contract Law or other suitable disciplines.
- Sound understanding of property economics and property related legislation.
- Knowledge of the Irish rental property market.
- Ideally have experience in investment sale and contract management.
- Exemplary client-side project management.
- Strong valuation skills, understanding and ability to analyze.
- In depth knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation especially in relation to lease expires, break options, rent reviews and repairing obligations.
- Excellent reporting skills to include asset and portfolio analysis and client communications.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build stakeholder relationships.
- Strong general administration skills, efficient typing skills and a high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.