Mechanical and Electrical Coordinator (High Density)
POSTED ON 22nd February 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned to continue to expand its operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, the Group also listed on the Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017 and has a current market cap of €1.35bn. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of over 14,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth plans.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre M&E Coordinator. Reporting to the Building services manager, you will assist in the Management of the Mechanical and Electrical services design and installation on our high density residential projects.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Continuous management and monitoring of the installation quality for M&E systems on residential projects, from initial coordination to final commissioning and handover
- Support the site construction management teams in the coordination of on-site M&E installations and assist with onsite problem solving if and when issues arise
- Coordinate with project design teams as required for M&E system interfaces with architectural and structural elements
- Oversight of M&E sub-contractors onsite, ensuring programme and quality expectations are achieved
- Liaise with Public Utility providers, local authorities and design teams to ensure timely delivery of electricity, public lighting, gas, water and telecommunications services to new developments acting as a point of contact for the respective sites
- Anticipate the requirement for modification of existing site services and expedite mains service diversions in conjunction with the Utility Providers
- Supplement the company’s innovation and value engineering processes in consideration and implementation of best-in-class mechanical / electrical systems and products.
- Management of the Temporary Electric/ water systems
The candidate – key requirements
- Further education in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services
- 4+ years post qualification experience in similar management role
- Interest in energy management and emerging trends in residential building services design and construction
- Team player, organised, self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Trade background an advantage but not essential
- Focus on deadlines and commitment to programme delivery
- Willingness to travel between sites and a full driving licence.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.