Mechanical and Electrical Site Supervisor
POSTED ON 7th December 2018
Cairn Homes plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned to continue to expand its operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, the Group also listed on the Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017 and has a current market cap of €1.35bn. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of over 14,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth plans.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre M&E Site Supervisor reporting to the Senior M&E Coordinator, you will assist in the oversight of the Mechanical and Electrical services design and installation across each of our residential projects.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Continuous management and monitoring of the installation quality for M&E systems over various residential projects, during the various stages of the build process
- Implementation and further development of M&E quality systems being incorporated
- Supervision of M&E sub-contractors onsite, ensuring quality expectations are achieved and monitoring programme in conjunction with the site teams
- Support the site construction management teams in the coordination of on-site M&E installations and assist with onsite problem solving if and when issues arise, involving coordination with project design teams as required
- Liaise with Public Utility providers and local authorities to ensure timely delivery of electricity, gas, water and telecommunications services to new developments.
- Anticipate the requirement for modification of existing site services and manage mains service diversions in conjunction with the Utility Providers and site teams
- Supplement the company’s innovation process in consideration and implementation of best-in-class mechanical / electrical systems and products.
The candidate – key requirements
- M&E Trade background preferable with appropriate certification
- 5+ years post qualification experience in similar role
- A desire to continuously improve installation quality and procedures
- Further education in M&E Engineering a plus but not essential
- Team player, organised, self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Focus on deadlines and commitment to programme delivery
- Willingness to travel between sites and a full driving licence.