POSTED ON 9th July 2020
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017. Our objective is to be the leading Irish homebuilder by building and creating places and homes where people love to live.
Cairn has a clearly defined operating model which brings together our enabling and delivery functions based on efficient, mature and collaborative processes which are aligned to our people, structures and governance framework. We are also committed to developing our strong culture as a source of competitive advantage and providing a challenging and rewarding working environment for our team.
At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,000 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 16 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 6,750 new homes with a number of new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Procurement Manager, to help develop the strategic procurement function at Cairn. This is a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager who has previously set up or run and implemented a procurement function in the construction or engineering industry.
The Procurement Manager will assist the Commercial Director in:
- Expanding the Category Management structure to enable you to structure current and future needs and match them with the evolving of the category strategies
- Demonstrating resilience in negotiations with strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking while collaborating with the business teams to deliver results.
- Strengthening and structuring the internal stakeholder relationships with the external supply base through developing and realising specific supplier development programs.
- Enhancing procurement standards of excellence through a clear operating model framework, clear strategic and operational direction on how the procurement function can deliver value to business.
- Strengthen the spend analysis structure to support decision making.
- Expand category management responsibilities within Cairn Homes and agree with internal stakeholders.
- Report on a monthly and quarterly basis the achieved results per categories and for the business.
- Improve the coordination of the cost management database and develop the should cost model.
- Refine and develop the sourcing strategy with annual calendar of negotiations on recurring or new contracts.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to use the appropriate tender formats to deliver value from initiation to award in line with business needs.
- Develop best-in-class expertise and national market knowledge for categories to facilitate and lead negotiations.
- Identify opportunities for best value and operational efficiencies through negotiation and management of contracts.
- Business Partnering to build effective relationships both with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships as relevant to the supplier development program.
- Support the measurement of sub-contractor and supplier performance and proactively addressing poor performance as necessary.
- Ensure technical compliance of day to day procurement operations including good governance practice and compliance performance for the category and relevant team members.
The ideal candidate will have:
- QS, Engineering or construction related qualification to degree level.
- 10+ years procurement experience at a senior level in a fast paced dynamic organisation.
- Experience in implementing and/or managing category development, process improvement and spend analysis.
- Proven track record in managing commercial projects.
- Market Intelligence skills: Researching and understanding the construction market intimately and have the ability prepare category plans.
- Proficient in managing high value relationships with high risk impact.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent communicator and adept at influencing others with the ability to build relationships across a wide and diverse stakeholder base.
- The ability to work as a team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills as well as hands-on project management and tough negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and business intelligence.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.