POSTED ON 22nd February 2019
Cairn Homes plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned to continue to expand its operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, the Group also listed on the Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017 and has a current market cap of €1.35bn. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of over 14,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth plans.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Project Manager, who will Project Manage large scale multi-contract residential / mixed-use developments with single point responsibility for project out-turn, from Tender Stage through Construction and Handover. The role provides leadership to the project construction team to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, and in full compliance with the Planning Permission.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Project Management of large scale multi-contract residential / mixed-use developments reporting to the Managing Director
- Single point responsibility for project out-turn from tender stage through construction and handover
- Provide leadership to the project construction team to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, in full compliance with the Planning Permission
- Preparation of Project Execution Plan including Contracting Strategy, Programme, Budget and risks mitigation plan
- Management of the Project Budget and Contract Administration in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor; Management of the Project Programme
- Liaison with Planning/Development Team to ensure project value-engineered during the Pre-Construction Stage
- Liaison with Sales Management team during the fit-out; marketing and customer completions stages
- Management of the Project Design Team during construction to ensure coordination of information flows to the site teams
- Coordination of key project stakeholders including statutory authorities and liaison with JV Project partners
- Implementation of best practice in project controls, performance management, and Project Reporting
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent; 10+ years post-qualification experience
- Background in large scale, higher-density residential or commercial construction in complex inner-city sites
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.