POSTED ON 3rd April 2020
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Project Manager, who will Project Manage large scale multi-contract residential / mixed-use developments with single point responsibility for project out-turn, from Tender Stage through Construction and Handover. The role provides leadership to the project construction team to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, and in full compliance with the Planning Permission.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Project Management of large scale multi-contract residential / mixed-use developments reporting to the Managing Director
- Single point responsibility for project out-turn from tender stage through construction and handover
- Provide leadership to the project construction team to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, in full compliance with the Planning Permission
- Preparation of Project Execution Plan including Contracting Strategy, Programme, Budget and risks mitigation plan
- Management of the Project Budget and Contract Administration in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor; Management of the Project Programme
- Liaison with Planning/Development Team to ensure project value-engineered during the Pre-Construction Stage
- Liaison with Sales Management team during the fit-out; marketing and customer completions stages
- Management of the Project Design Team during construction to ensure coordination of information flows to the site teams
- Coordination of key project stakeholders including statutory authorities and liaison with JV Project partners
- Implementation of best practice in project controls, performance management, and Project Reporting
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent; 10+ years post-qualification experience
- Background in large scale, higher-density residential or commercial construction in complex inner-city sites
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.