Quality Control Site Supervisor
POSTED ON 21st February 2020
Quality Control Site Supervisor
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Quality Control Site Supervisor, reporting to the QC Manager, who is responsible for ensuring that the quality management system is fully implemented in an organised and efficient manner. They will liaise with the Site / Project Manager for projects on ongoing basis and report directly back to the Group Head of Construction.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Assist in compiling Quality Plans, Inspect for BCAR compliance and champion a culture for Quality in Cairn
- Continually develop QA expertise across the Company to support staff development, knowledge and expertise in Quality activities, BCAR compliance, client requirements and best practices
- Ensure that all quality procedures are documented and successfully implemented, on sites and departments
- Proactively investigate and lead investigations into non-conformances and corrective actions
- Assist in Investigating customer complaints due to product quality, including ongoing contact with suppliers and customers
- Encourage staff to develop their skills and expertise and mentor employees and create a quality culture that supports high employee morale
- Work effectively with other staff across the organisation
- Assist in developing and implementing training programs e.g. BCAR/Product Installations/Specific Quality Inductions etc
- Assist in continually reviewing and developing Quality Systems to meet Customer and Business requirements
- Create a team atmosphere that embraces continuous improvement and quality and assist team training and development plans
- Ensure effective management and support for internal auditing, customer complaints and periodic product reviews
- Ensure that the principle of confidentiality and the requirements of the Data Protection Act are fully applied in all aspects to the Company and its employees
- Comply with all Regulations and Requirements and ensure that the Company’s and its staff comply with legal and regulatory obligations and wherever appropriate, follow relevant best practice guidelines
- To undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Board.
- Maintain and assist in updating Cairn Plc Building manual.
- Maintain Accurate records of inspections.
- Keep up to date with current building standards.
- Issue and compile Quality Audits and inspection reports.
- Trades background with appropriate certification
- 3-5 + years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of construction details ensuring best practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Background in large scale, residential construction
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
To join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.