Research and Economic Analyst
POSTED ON 21st February 2020
Research & Economic Analyst
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Research & Economics Analyst as we continue to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth plans. The successful candidate will report into the Head of Investor Relations and manage the collation and interpretation of all internal and external research. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake, support and assist with the following duties:
- Monitoring and analysing all internal driven research; to devise and implement new methods for collating research;
- Monitoring and reporting on all external research in respect to the Irish housing and mortgage markets, macroeconomic trends and any other pertinent external research as it impacts our business;
- Preparation and responsibility of how we communicate this research externally through all forms of external communications including, and not limited to, interim and preliminary results, annual report, website development, fact sheets etc;
- Competitive intelligence including monitoring financial performance and newsflow of industry peers in addition to key industry trends;
- Preparation of research presentations for executive and senior management teams;
- Upkeep of macroeconomic and industry specific research;
- Supporting the Head of Investor Relations as required: and
- Other relevant and ad hoc projects as required.
Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- Good interpersonal skills with experience of interacting with senior executive team members in a Group HQ environment;
- Excellent organisational, written and presentational skills;
- Ability to engage with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve excellent results;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to tight timelines;
- Highly organised and disciplined, driven to deliver the required results;
- Detail oriented with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Hands-on approach to issue resolution;
- A team player with an ability to communicate across multiple departments and divisions;
- Relevant third level qualifications;
- Equity research and/or relevant capital markets experience;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.