Senior Quantity Surveyor Civils and Groundworks
POSTED ON 21st February 2020
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Civils & Groundworks)
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Senior Quantity Surveyor, to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services for post-contract duties on a fast-moving large scale residential development. This role reports to the Project Manager and is site based. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Preparation of procurement documents for all Civils across all Housing Projects
- All elements of Tendering, appointments and contract Administration for Civil Engineering and Groundworks Contractors
- Managing subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties
- Specific experience of working in large Civil Engineering projects, including Bridges & D&B projects
- Experience of dealing and liaising with Utility providers including, ESB, Irish Water, Bord Gais etc
- Experience of Principal civils methods of measurement and standard specifications – including ARM, CESMM and NRA/TII documents.
- Challenge the design team in respect of all aspects of Civil Engineering designs
- Undertake monthly internal valuations and production of monthly cost reports for Civils packages
- Reporting on budgets and variations.
Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- 7-10+ yrs Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Civils Engineering Contractors office.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft, Cost-ex or equivalent, Mudshark, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email