Senior Quantity Surveyor (Site Based)
POSTED ON 22nd February 2019
Cairn Homes PLC is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned with a highly attractive landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area, having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015 and Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017, with a current market cap of over €1bn. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of 12,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Senior Quantity Surveyor, to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services for post-contract duties on a fast moving large scale residential development. This role reports to the Project Manager and is site based. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Managing subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties
- Experience of RC frame / apartment and residential building / commercial projects
- House building residential experience is essential
- Undertaking monthly internal valuations and production of monthly cost reports
- Reporting on budgets and variations.
- Maintaining subcontractor and supplier contractual details.
- Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- 7-10+ yrs Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Contractors office.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.