Senior Site Engineer
POSTED ON 28th January 2020
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Senior Site Engineer, to assist in the provision of civil engineering services under the direction of the Project Manager/Site Manager. This role will involve working directly with the site team and subcontractors to ensure that the development is built as agreed. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Monitor and evaluate quality control for sub-contractor‘s work
- Coordinating site drawings
- Setting out for:
- Subcontractors i.e. giving the gridlines / levels to groundwork or RC frame
- Foundations, Floor slabs, Blocklaying, Services and Civil Works
- House Plots on housing projects and issuing the surveys to solicitors
- Supervision and monitoring of ground works and civil engineering contractors
- Supervision and monitoring of concrete frame contractors
- RC frame experience desirable with residential and/or contracting background
- Develop strong relationships with sub-contractors to deliver the desired outputs—on time and on budget, with high attention to quality and detail
- Maintain site records and quality assurance documentation
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience
- HETAC Level 8 Engineering qualification
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.