POSTED ON 19th January 2021
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017. Our objective is to be the leading Irish homebuilder by building and creating places and homes where people love to live.
Cairn has a clearly defined operating model which brings together our enabling and delivery functions based on efficient, mature and collaborative processes which are aligned to our people, structures and governance framework. We are also committed to developing our strong culture as a source of competitive advantage and providing a challenging and rewarding working environment for our team.
At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,000 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 16 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 6,750 new homes with a number of new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Site Manager, who will manage large scale residential with single point responsibility for project out-turn, from Tender Stage through Construction and Handover. The role provides leadership to the project construction team to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, and in full compliance with the Planning Permission. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Excellent Knowledge of Trades and background
- Ensure compliance with building regulations
- Experience in residential construction specific apartment / house building experience,
- Managing Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Managing Construction Team
- Managing Programme
- Co-Ordination of Service Providers and Local Authorities
- Reporting to Contract Manager / Head of Construction
- Ensuring Quality of Works
- Managing Health and Safety on Site
- Chairing Site and Construction Team Meetings
- Continuous CPD Development
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent; 10+ years post-qualification experience
- Background in large scale, residential construction
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.