POSTED ON 23rd October 2020
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model which brings together the best planners, architects and designers in collaboration with our own experienced team. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 15,100 units across 32 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites which will deliver over 5,250 new homes with a further 4 site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Technical Manager with primary responsibility for the design and technical aspects of the project; managing and coordinating technical information from grant of planning permission through to project completion. Reporting to the Head of Technical, you may in time manage the workload and performance of direct reports including a Technical Coordinator. The role will also from time to time entail advising the Planning Team on buildability and value engineering matters.
- Managing external consultants and specialist subcontractors with Design Responsibilities, ensuring delivery against the brief and design responsibility matrix within set timescales and budgets.
- Delivering to programme and adopt a ‘best value’ approach, which seeks to minimise costs and maximise value
- Ensuring all aspects of the building design are fully coordinated, including but not restricted to, structures, M&E, façades, internal specification, service strategies and maintenance strategies.
- Chairing Design Team meetings and workshops – champion Cairn product quality and legacy, focusing on delivering design excellence across the scheme.
- Aiding the PM to develop and manage the Design Programme which forms part of the broader Master Development Programme
- Managing the Design Development process during the Preconstruction/Procurement/Build stages to ensure the timely production of coordinated Design Team information to enable Cairn’s procurement and construction/ start on site.
- Ensuring Quality is in integral through the detailed design process, delivering quality across schemes through accurate design, suitable product specification and driving design compliance.
- Ensuring the timely production of the client design & sales brief, and deliver in accordance with the project sales strategy. Champion the delivery of accurate and coordinated information for sales purposes.
- Ensuring technical specifications are produced in line with the agreed sales specification, within the sales and budget constraints, while working closely with the project team, in-house architects and external design team partners.
- Overseeing the shop drawing production process for specialist subcontractors with Design Responsibility.
- Ensuring that all required Technical Submittal approvals are delivered to facilitate the project programme.
- Working with the Design Team to resolve clearance of planning conditions, building regulation approval, project insurance conditions, party wall conditions and BER certification.
- Ensuring all statutory enquiries, crossovers, sewer connections etc., are submitted and pursued for their timely return
- Ensuring translation of the planning scheme into an efficient and workable commercial solution.
- Liaising with the in-house design and planning teams to ensure planning applications are technically compliant with all statutory standards.
- Keeping abreast of new innovative products, practices and build methods.
The candidate – key requirements
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Architecture or equivalent; 5+ years post-qualification experience
- Experience in the design and detailing of mixed use residential led schemes, preferably high rise. Previous developer/house builder essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.