Training and Communications Specialist
POSTED ON 3rd April 2020
Training and Communications Specialist
Cairn Homes plc (“Cairn”) is the leading Irish homebuilder committed to building high-quality, competitively-priced, sustainable new homes in great locations. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on Euronext Dublin in July 2017 and have a current market capitalisation of €1bn.
Cairn operates a defined and established business model across our low density housing division and our high density apartment division. At Cairn, the homeowner is at the very centre of the design process and we strive to provide an unparalleled customer service throughout each stage of the home-buying journey. A new Cairn home is thoughtfully designed and built to last with a focus on creating shared spaces and environments where communities prosper.
Cairn is well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 17,400 units across 35 residential development sites. We are active on 15 sites in the Greater Dublin Area which will deliver over 5,750 new homes with up to nine new site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Training & Internal Comms specialist, reporting to the Organisational Development Manager and working closely with HR and Recruitment colleagues. The role will involve challenging current business thinking and influencing individuals, teams & management through both formal learning environments and informal stakeholder conversations. This person will play a key role in shaping the business performance and organisational culture of Cairn through impactful training programs & communications designed to build employee & subcontractor capability and engagement.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
- Manage, design and facilitate business process training to all teams across the organisation as part of wider organisational change, including system and workflow components
- Manage process and ‘ways of working’ implementation toolkits with input and regular review from key stakeholders
- Conduct needs analysis and design face-to-face and online learning, leveraging partnerships with internal subject matter experts to create in-house content for core business topics
- Support Organisational Development Manager to deliver new starter, manager & general employee training programs and team offsites, including coordination, facilitation, material creation and evaluation
- Ensure best practice L&D admin and reporting through timely processing of training/CPD applications, maintenance of tracker & employee files, and reporting of attendance & hours
- Develop and deliver internal & external communications through various channels within and outside the organisation, and measure the impact of those on the employee and partner experience with Cairn
- Participate in and assist with HR projects and ad-hoc tasks as required by the HR team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing & facilitating training and developing formal communications
- Passion for mastering, learning and teaching complex process and system functionality
- Capable of building strong relationships and driving positive messaging across employees, managers, contractors & supply chain partners
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple work streams and problem solve to meet changing timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience delivering training face to face and online
- Efficient in all Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
To join our growing team, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.