Part Qualified Accountant
Cairn plc is the premier house building company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned with a highly attractive land bank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area, having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015 with a current market cap of €1B. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of 12,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth.
This is a newly created role within the finance department as part of the Group Finance team, reporting to the Group Finance Manager with a dotted line to the Financial Accountant. This role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional who is looking for both a challenging role in an Irish headquartered entity and an opportunity to develop their skills.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
· Management Accounts - Assist in the preparation of management accounts, variance analysis and month end account reconciliations
· Month End Journals - Prepare and post month end journals (prepayments, accruals, depreciation, revenue)
· Accounts Payable: At month end assist with processing/Creditor reconciliations and month end Journals
· Projects: Assist the accounts payable team in project implementation and Supplier data management improvements.
· Reconciliations - Balance sheet reconciliations
· Fixed assets - management of the fixed asset register
· Reporting - Assist in preparing management accounts, subsidiary accounts and annual report as required by FA
· Tax – prepare and review VAT returns, P30 Returns and RCT Returns
· BComm or other relevant business/ finance degree
· Part qualified accountant working towards ACCA, CIMA, ACA or CPA.
· Previous experience of working within a busy Finance department who is self-motivated team player
· Strong commitment to learning and development
· Detailed knowledge of MS Office, excel proficiency a distinct advantage
· ‘Can do’ attitude with an ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy and challenging environment
· Experience of Accounting Systems with knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or Bi360 is an advantage but not essential
· Ability to differentiate between competing priorities and channel focus in correct areas
· Experience in fast moving, dynamic business environment, working to tight deadlines and prioritising workload
· Ability to develop relationships across a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.