Quality Control Manager
Cairn plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned with a highly attractive landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area, having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015 and the Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017 with a current market cap of over €1bn. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of 12,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Quality Control Manager who is responsible for ensuring that the quality management system is fully implemented in an organised and efficient manner. They will liaise with the Site / Project Manager for projects on ongoing basis and report directly back to the Group Head of Construction.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Compile Quality Plans and BCAR and champion a culture for Quality in Cairn
- Continually develop QA expertise across the Company to support staff development, knowledge and expertise in Quality activities, BCAR compliance, client requirements and best practices
- Ensure that all quality procedures are documented and successfully implemented, on sites and departments
- Proactively investigate and lead investigations into non-conformances and corrective actions
- Investigate customer complaints due to product quality, including ongoing contact with suppliers and customers
- Encourage staff to develop their skills and expertise and mentor employees and create a quality culture that supports high employee morale
- Work effectively with other staff across the organisation
- Assist in developing and implementing training programs e.g. BCAR/Product Installations/Specific Quality Inductions etc
- Assist in continually reviewing and developing Quality Systems to meet Customer and Business requirements
- Create a team atmosphere that embraces continuous improvement and quality and assist team training and development plans
- Ensure effective management and support for internal auditing, customer complaints and periodic product reviews
- Knowledge of construction details ensuring best practice
- Ensure that the principle of confidentiality and the requirements of the Data Protection Act are fully applied in all aspects to the Company and its employees
- Comply with all Regulations and Requirements and ensure that the Company’s and its staff comply with legal and regulatory obligations and wherever appropriate, follow relevant best practice guidelines
- To undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Board.
- Trades background with appropriate certification
- 3-5 + years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Background in large scale, residential construction
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
To join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.