Group Financial Controller (one year contract - Maternity cover)
Cairn plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. The Group is well positioned with a highly attractive landbank of strategically located sites in the Greater Dublin area, having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015 and the Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017 with a current market cap of over €1bn. Over the upcoming years, Cairn will design and build a portfolio of 12,000 new homes, and we are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth.
Cairn plc. has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Group Financial Controller, reporting to the Group Finance Director, for a 12-month fixed term contract covering maternity leave. This role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional who is looking for both a challenging role in an Irish headquartered entity and an opportunity to develop their skills and career prospects during this fixed term contract.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Responsibility for the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Commentary on monthly management accounts
- Preparation of board reports in conjunction with Senior Management
- Responsibility for the preparation of interim and preliminary results statement
- Responsibility for the preparation of group annual Financial Statements
- Cash flow monitoring – actual, budget and forecast
- Oversee and review Quarterly Banking Covenants
- Audit management - managing year-end audit and interim review process in conjunction with nominated Auditors
- Tax management – ongoing compliance and liaising with nominated Auditors tax and review of VAT/RCT/CT/P30 Returns
- Internal Audit management – managing ongoing internal audit review with nominated Auditors
- Control environment – implementation of key financial controls and regular monitoring
- Management of financial reporting team
- Responsibility of payroll function
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable team
- Ad hoc project work to include financial modelling, budgeting/forecasting, preparation of group key risk register and support to Head of Finance and Finance Director as required.
- Big 4 qualified, with 7+ years PQE
- Previous experience as a Financial Controller a prerequisite
- Plc experience required
- Industry experience desirable, but not necessary
- Adaptable and energetic with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as under their own initiative
- Strong technical knowledge
To join our growing team, email your CV to email@example.com.